VCC Gingerbread House Decorating Contest
Bring your best decorating tips, and be prepared for some fast and furious decorating at the first annual VCC holiday gingerbread house decorating contest. Gingerbread house kits, extra icing and candy for decorating will be provided on the tables. Each kit will be provided a foil wrapped base for their house. Only what is on the base at the end of the competition will be judged.
- Members seated at a table are in charge of working together to decorate the kit(s) provided at their table.
- If a table is large there may be two kits and members should agree upon which members work together on each kit.
- Entries may include other structures such as train stations, barns, birdhouses, lighthouses, bridges, ships, or other imaginative dwellings.
- The gingerbread house itself must be constructed mainly of the gingerbread and icing provided. Styrofoam and other support materials are not permitted.
- All components of the display, except for the base, must be made of edible materials. Edible materials include candy, nuts, cereal, cookies, crackers, pasta, and other food items that do not include wrappers or sticks. Wrappers should be removed from candy and other decorations.
- Luncheon attendees may bring icing tips, extra candy, cookies or other items from home to help their table.
- Guests may begin decorating as soon as they have checked in and selected a table and at least half the table is full.
- Guests may not decorate during the guest presentation.
- Guests may resume decorating during and after luncheon before the deadline.
- The contest will stop at or about 1 PM.
- Entries will be judged on: Overall appearance (30 pts), Originality/Creativity (30 pts), Workmanship/Technique (30 pts), Difficulty (10 pts). J
- Judging will be at the end of the luncheon on December 12, 2018.
- The Executive Board and a Guest Judge from the venue will judge the winners.
- Members of the winning team will receive $10 off their January luncheon fee.