How to Apply
To apply for a 2019-2020 VCC membership, download a new membership application. Applications and payments can be submitted in the VCC drop box, located outside the VCC Thrift Shop, during regular business hours or mailed to:
Unit 31401, Box 61
APO AE 09630
You can also sign-up at any VCC monthly event at the check-in table. Visit us on Facebook for our upcoming events. We recommend checks as we are not responsible for cash sent to our office or drop box.
Please Note: Membership dues and money collected for events cannot be refunded.
Reasons to Become a VCC Member
We are all so lucky to be in this beautiful place. It’d be a shame not to take advantage of all Vicenza has to offer! We’d love to have you as part of our active community.
- Meet others who have similar interests.
- Join in on fun events while giving back to the Vicenza Military Community.
- Get involved and stay active with a great group of people.
- Enjoy member benefits, shopping perks and discounts at local stores.
- Ensure eligibility for college scholarships.
- Qualify for special member only events and prizes.
Membership Eligibility & Rules
We recently voted to update our Constitution and By-Laws which affected our membership categories and guidelines. Please email us if you have questions.
- VCC membership is open to the Vicenza Military Community on a yearly basis, beginning in June.
- We have three categories of membership: Active, Honorary and Associate.
- Active Membership: Active membership is available to all USAG personnel and spouses who have been granted status under the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), as prescribed in Army Europe Regulation 210-22. USAG personnel in this category may include the following: military or civilian personnel (active or retired) and their spouses and adult children. Active members are entitled to vote, hold office, and participate in Vicenza Community Club activities. Active members will pay dues annually, except for the following: USAG Italy Survivor Outreach Service spouses (POC: ACS), and “Gold Star” Families in the community (POC: ACS), who will be extended the offer of free membership to honor the sacrifice of their loved one.
- Honorary Membership: Honorary membership may be extended by the President and Honorary President. Honorary Members shall have all the privileges of active members with the exception of voting and holding office. Honorary Members are not required to pay dues.
- Associate Membership: Associate membership may be extended by the President and Honorary President to Host Nation personnel after consulting with the Membership Chair to ensure that associate membership at no time exceeds 25% of total membership. Associate members shall have all the privileges of active members with the exception of holding office. Some Vicenza Community Club activities may not be available to Associate Members, due to private organization restrictions on the activities of non-SOFA status members of the club. Associate members will pay dues annually, except for “Gold Star” Families in the community (POC: ACS), who will be extended the offer of free membership to honor the sacrifice of their loved one.
- The VCC membership year is from June1, 2019 to May 31, 2020. Rates may increase after June 1 but current rates will be honored through May 31, 2019. Membership fees are nonrefundable. No adjustments will be given for membership fees paid in Euro vs Dollars.
- Membership in the VCC must be paid before December 31, 2019 in order to qualify for 2020 VCC Scholarships.
- Membership is complete only when membership dues are paid and an application is completed.
- Membership is voluntary and may be terminated at any time by written notice, but the dues are nonrefundable once paid.
- The VCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or creed.
- The VCC uses the information gathered on the membership form for internal purposes only and will never share your information with others.
- By completing the membership application and providing your email, you consent to receiving electronic communications from the VCC.
- The VCC will publicize information about events and activities in a variety of ways including this website, member emails, digital newsletters, printed signage on post, and social media. It is the responsibility of each member to notify email@example.com if you think you are not receiving VCC member emails.
- Some events are for SOFA status members only.