The Vicenza Community Club is a volunteer organization that “salutes” those who have served our country and promotes education and social welfare while fostering cultural exchange. Providing funding for Community Enrichment is a key element of the VCC’s mission. The club happily supports Survivors Outreach Services, units, FRGs, our local schools, military support organizations and many other local groups who share our passion for improving the Vicenza Military Community.
In addition, we choose monthly philanthropy projects to support. You are always invited to comment on our Facebook page
to share your favorite philanthropy ideas with us for 2019 and beyond.
We recognize we have an obligation to use our funds wisely and to ensure that we donate to organizations that reflect our mission values, practice good stewardship, and meet the needs of the local military and its community. There are many worthy causes that deserve support and we strive to help as many as possible each year. We use the following criteria in making funding decisions. Please provide as much detailed information as possible (such as purpose, program brochures, materials, website, social media, etc…) to aid in the decision-making process.
VCC Community Enrichment gives priority to grant requests for Projects/Events that:
- Support 10% or more active duty military, veterans, DoD civilians, their families, and their community. (Note: The requesting organization’s mission does not have to specifically/only focus on the military and it’s community; just the project/event for which funds are being requested.)
- Located within 50 mile radius to USAG-Italy installations.
- Impact multiple people, not just an individual.
- Reflect excellence, innovation, and effectiveness. Meet practical and tangible needs.
- Serve the organization or community over several years.
- Play a meaningful and impactful role in the lives of Vicenza Military Community members
Eligibility: To be considered for a Community Enrichment Grant, the following guidelines must be followed:
- A completed Community Enrichment Grant Application must accompany all requests for donations from VCC. Email requests without the form are not accepted.
- You may mail your application to the address on the form, email the completed form and any files to email@example.com or drop a completed form and supporting documentation in a marked envelope in the box outside the VCC office and Thrift Store.
- The Community Enrichment Grant Application must be received by the monthly deadlines.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Funds must be used within 90 days of receipt of grant check. A one time 90 day extension may be granted. If any portion of the received funding is no longer needed for the requested purpose, unused funds will be returned to VCC.
- Funds donated must be used for the sole purpose for which they were requested and may not be used to fund other needs not identified in the original request. Receipts are required when possible.
- It is the responsibility of you and/or your organization to confirm with JAG (Administrative Law Division) the legality of accepting funds from the Vicenza Community Club.
If denied during one grant period, an organization may re-apply with additional information for the next monthly cycle.
Applicants will be notified of the VCC Board’s decision via e-mail in as timely a manner as possible.